Wahroonga Aged Care Art Therapy Program
Wahroonga Aged Care Mt Waverley asked me to run a 6 week art therapy program with their residents to help ease their anxiety as the facility was relocating.
Many processes where enjoyed by the residents and staff noted the change in the residents who were calmer and happier as a result of the Art Therapy program.
Research supports the great benefits Art Therapy has for people living with Dementia. These benefits include the ability Art Therapy has to:
- Manage Emotions
- Provide Social Connections
- Instil hope & control
- Non-Medical Intervention
- Meets emotional needs
- Improved Physical & Mental Wellbeing
- Vehicle for non verbal assessment
- Provides opportunity for Life Review
- Culturally appropriate as Art is universal
- Looks beyond limitations to the strength & beauty of the individual through art